Wealth in China: Sizing the Market Opportunity analyzes China's wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.Thanks to lower economic productivity, the remarkable wealth growth rates of the past few years will not be repeated in China over the forecast period.
Nevertheless, strong predicted retail investments growth - led by strong mutual fund performance - will continue to see the market grow at a faster rate than in the wider region. Between 2015 and 2019 liquid assets held by affluent individuals are forecast to record a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.2%, representing a sizable opportunity for wealth managers operating in the country.
- At the end of 2015, of the approximately 1.05 billion adults living in China 3.5% could be considered affluent
- Asset growth is expected to be strongest in the $10m+ asset band, which will record a CAGR of 14.1% between 2015 and 2019, compared to a CAGR of 8.8% for mass affluent individuals
- Deposits continue to dominate China's retail investments market, but mutual fund holdings are forecast to grow at the fastest pace over the next five years
- Chinese high net worth (HNW) investors allocate a noteworthy proportion of their investable assets into non-traditional investments, mostly in direct property. However, this is expected to change thanks to the recent drop in property prices.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Sizing And Forecasting The Chinese Wealth Market
3. Drivers Of Growth In The Chinese Wealth Market
4. HNW Investment Preferences
Please find more about Wealth in China: Sizing the Market Opportunity; Sizing the wealth market in China and its growth potential. at reports.zursh.com
Click on below items to see free updates about the topic covered.
Click on below items to see free resources and reports about the topic covered.