'Mobile Commerce in Latin America: Opportunities for MNOs Beyond Payment,' a Telecom Insider Report by Pyramid Research, briefly describes the concept of m-commerce and showcases the m-commerce value chain, which includes mobile-responsive and mobile-based merchants. We discuss the drivers and challenges for MNOs to increase their presence within the m-commerce value chain in Latin America, analyzing the impact on MNOs under a technology, demand and competitive perspective. We conclude with some case studies and outline the opportunities to MNOs to improve their positioning within the m-commerce space by leveraging mobile merchants' experience in Latin America.
- MNOs can play a more active role within the m-commerce value chain through the development of services and solutions that support the pre-payment and post-payment stages of mobile merchant's experience. Some MNOs perceived that the payment stage is simply transactional and, although important, it is not a key attribute for customers in the research, and selection stages.
- Many mobile merchants are expanding their operations within Latin America. While large mobile merchants create their in-house m-commerce structures, mid-sized mobile merchants need funds to promote their expansion and also the support of third-party providers to enable their operations.
- OTT providers are increasingly developing new services and solutions to support mobile merchants. In a market which is content driven, OTT providers have competitive advantages such as access to extensive customer data, social media capabilities, and a vast experience in the online advertising field.
- Despite the increasing competition from OTT providers, MNOs are considered the most complete m-commerce enablers, once they already own the network, and also have attributes such as access to a large base of customers, and access to technology.
"Mobile Commerce in Latin America: Opportunities for MNOs Beyond Payment," a new Latin America Telecom Insider by Pyramid Research starts by briefly describing the concept of m-commerce. It showcases a comprehensive m-commerce value chain and also outlines the customer experience within from a merchant and customer perspective. It explores the main drivers that impact MNOs to foster their presence in the m-commerce value chain in Latin America. The report then analyses the main challenges that MNOs have to overcome in order to position themselves as ICT providers to mobile merchants. Three case studies of Mexico and Brazil are presented, bringing evidence from some of the most prominent developments within the m-commerce market that were implemented by MNOs in Latin America. We conclude with a summary of key findings and a set of recommendations for MNOs, fixed-mobile operators and vendors.
- This Telecom Insider helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the m-commerce landscape in Latin America.
- The report offers a wealth of data on m-commerce in Latin America, with a focus on the region's major markets: Braziland Mexico.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging ICT services market in Latin America.
Please find more about Mobile Commerce in Latin America: Opportunities for MNOs Beyond Payment at reports.zursh.com
Click on below items to see free updates about the topic covered.
Click on below items to see free resources and reports about the topic covered.