The global genotyping market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 22.3% from 2015 to 2020 to reach $17.0 Billion in 2020.
Advances in technology, decreasing prices of DNA sequencing, increasing incidence and awareness on genetic diseases & personalized medicine, increasing demand for pharmacogenomics in drug discovery & development, and the increased use of genetic analysis in animal & plant livestock are the major factors driving market growth.Other drivers include the increasing application areas of genotyping, increasing demand for affordable genotyping services, increasing access to healthcare, and growing investments by leading players in emerging markets. However, the lack of well-trained technical personnel and proper reimbursement are some major factors that could hinder the growth of this market to a certain extent.The market studied in this report is mainly segmented by products, technologies, applications, and end users. Based on product, the market is segmented into instruments (sequencers, & analyzers), reagents & kits, and bioinformatics software and services. Reagents & kits market is forecasted to grow at a highest CAGR of 24.9% during the forecast period owing to its increasing demand with increasing applications of genotyping tests.
On the basis of application, the market is segmented into pharmacogenomics, diagnostic research, animal genetics, agricultural biotechnology, and others (prenatal testing, parental testing, forensics, and microbial genotyping). The pharmacogenomics segment is expected to grow at a highest CAGR of 23.4% during the forecast period. The high growth in this segment is attributed to increasing use of genotyping in drug development process & to analyze the effects of drug.The global genotyping market is dominated by North America, followed by Europe.
The Asia-Pacific market is expected to witness the highest growth due to the growing healthcare infrastructure, improving healthcare services, increasing investments by major players and governments, and increasing clinical research activities. North America and Europe are expected to grow at a sluggish rate since these are relatively saturated markets.Prominent players in this market are Affymetrix, Inc. (U.S.), Illumina, Inc. (U.S.), Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (U.S.), QIAGEN N.V. (Netherlands), Agilent Technologies (U.S.), Beckman Coulter (U.S.), Sequenom, Inc. (U.S.), Roche (Switzerland), GE Healthcare (U.K.), and Fluidigm Corporation (U.S.).
Customize to get comprehensive industry standard and deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Pricing strategy at a geographic level for genotyping products
- Pricing trends and strategies adopted by leading players in the market
- Qualitative analysis of the impact of pricing on sales of products
South East Asian Market
Latin American Market
- Country-wise analysis of regulatory framework for genotyping instruments & reagents and its impact on market development and competitor strategies
- Sequencers & Amplifiers
- Reagents & Kits
- Bioinformatics Software
- Genotyping Services
- Capillary Electrophoresis
- Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism (RFLP)
- Amplified Fragment Length Polymorphisms (AFLP)
- Single Strand Conformation Polymorphism (SSCP)
- Next-generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Sanger Sequencing
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Others Technologies (in situ hybridization, allele specific oligonucleotide (ASO) probes)
- Diagnostic research
- Animal Genetics
- Agricultural Genotyping
- Other (Prenatal Testing, Parental testing, Forensics, and Microbial Genotyping)
By End Users
- Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Diagnostic & Research Laboratories
- Academic Institutions
- North America
- Rest of Europe (RoE)
- Rest of Asia-Pacific (RoAPAC)
- Rest of the World (RoW)
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Tweets From the Industry
Please find more about Genotyping Market by Technology (Polymerase Chain Reaction, Sequencing, Microarray, Electrophoresis, MALDI_TOF), Application (Pharmacogenomics, Diagnostic Research, Animal Genetics, Agricultural Biotechnology) & by Products - Global Forecast to 2020 at reports.zursh.com
Click on below items to see free updates about the topic covered.
Click on below items to see free resources and reports about the topic covered.